Harvard Broadcasting Inc.
General On air Contest Rules & Regulations
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by Harvard Broadcasting Inc. (Owners of CFEX, CJNW, CKEA, CKRI, CKIK, CHFT, CFVR, CKRM, CFWF, CHMX, CFWD, CJGX, and CFGW) which are administered live on-air on its radio stations across Canada unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest (the “Contest”). Please note that certain contests promoted on Harvard Broadcasting Inc.’s radio stations may be brought to you by Harvard Broadcasting Inc. in conjunction with another sponsor or by a sponsor other than Harvard Broadcasting Inc.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. Harvard Broadcasting Inc. runs many live on-air contests throughout the year on its radio stations across Canada. For these Contests, the Contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY. A Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least the age of majority in their province of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including employees, agents or representatives of Harvard Broadcasting Inc. (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other material or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner’s household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another Contest on the same radio station.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Contest, instructions will be provided by the on-air host, to find out how to enter and win a prize while listening to one of Harvard Broadcasting Inc.’s radio stations. You will be required to visit the applicable station website or call in to the Harvard Broadcasting Inc. radio station running that particular contest at the time of and follow the instructions of the on-air host or the Harvard Broadcasting Inc. employee or representative that answers the phone. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following: i. listening and identifying a song, sound, answering a trivia question or other type of contest where you provide a correct answer; ii. calling a radio station to qualify for a grand prize, followed by random draw to select a winner; iii. calling a radio station at the time specified by the on-air host or as the 9th caller or as specified by the on-air host to win a prize; iv. checking one of our radio station websites and entering a contest via email 2 In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a Harvard Broadcasting Inc. form declaration and release prepared by Harvard Broadcasting Inc. before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released; and (iii) correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical time-limited skill testing question set out in the Harvard Broadcasting Inc. form declaration and release. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest Judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrance from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a Harvard Broadcasting Inc. employee.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is required to enter a Harvard Broadcasting Inc. radio station Contest.
5. PRIZES. There are various prizes available to be won which will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest. The prize may include one of the following: movies passes, CD’s, DVD’s, concert tickets, restaurant gift certificates for certain retail stores and gift baskets. Only one prize per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at the radio station that administered the Contest within thirty (30) days of being declared a winner unless otherwise instructed. Potential winners will be required to furnish photo proof of identification such as a driver’s license or student ID.
6. PUBLICITY. By entering a Contest, you consent to Harvard Broadcasting Inc.’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for publicity purposes.
7. THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST JUDGES ARE FINAL. In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a Harvard Broadcasting Inc. employee regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Harvard Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all person responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrance from this and future Harvard Broadcasting Inc. Contests.
9. Harvard Broadcasting Inc. assumes no responsibility for; entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due 3 to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on the phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or the breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
10. Harvard Broadcasting reserves the right, as its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Harvard Broadcasting Inc. reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Harvard Broadcasting Inc. and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. By entering the Contest, each entrance agrees to abide by Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants, individually, and each entrant releases Harvard Broadcasting Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation of a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Regina, Saskatchewan. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Regina, Saskatchewan.
13. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
15. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple Inc. All entrants are providing information directly to the Contest Sponsors and agree to release Apple Inc. from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest.